The Supported Employment and Education Program (SEEP) is a customized job search and education program that provides individualized job search assistance, marketing, job coaching and support, and educational assistance and support.
Together, the Job Developer and client develop an Individualized Job Search Plan or Educational Plan depending on the client's needs and skills. The plan may include:
- resume and cover letter writing
- interview preparation, telephone scripts and skills
- direct job marketing and placement
- negotiating accommodations with employers, and support to disclose
- job coaching; support once in job placement
- job search workshops
- evening support groups
- career research and educational guidance
- assistance in accessing funding for education
- Labour market research
The SEEP Job Developer uses a number of strategies to help the client find work. Business partnerships with local companies, professional and personal contacts, cold calling, the internet and job postings are sources of possible jobs.
Once employment is found, there is ongoing job coaching and support. Coaching sessions allow the client to discuss successes and address areas of concern. With the help of the Job Developer, a client will problem-solve and put successful work place strategies into practice.
Clients may require assistance in researching, enrolling and accessing funding for educational opportunities/certifications to enhance an individual’s employability. Some clients may access our Supported Education program to assist in academic upgrading and GED.
- GVS clients who are graduates of one of the work readiness group programs and/or completed a successful work placement
- Referred clients from the Vancouver Community Mental Health teams or private psychiatrist or GP
- Clients who are motivated to work, have employable skills and have worked within the last year
- Clients who reside in the city of Vancouver
Those individuals who are not already GVS clients are required to attend an orientation to complete the GVS referral. This will need to be signed by a mental health practitioner, psychiatrist or funding agent to indicate the individual‘s readiness for employment and to engage in active job search. Please Call the Reception for details at
604-675-2535 ext. "0".